Better rail networks begin with better designs
20 April 2022
Discover how OpenRail Designer can provide you with the necessary workflows, toolsets, and flexibility to deal with real-life design scenarios on global rail infrastructure projects.
Exploring many of the critical business issues your organisation is likely faced with today throughout the design, engineering, and construction of rail and transit corridors plus associated assets, this eBook demonstrates how Bentley’s OpenRail Designer builds on your existing investments in BIM to connect people, processes, and data, to help deliver projects large or small, on-time and within-budget.
The OpenRail Designer application adapts to virtually any rail design and maintenance workflow, and is suitable for light-rail, metros (transit), heavy-rail, high-speed rail, and MAGLEV projects. You can save time on the design and maintenance of track, station, and yard design while significantly increasing productivity.
- Bring real-world settings to your project by gathering context data quickly from a variety of sources, such as point clouds, 3D reality meshes, terrain data, images, and geospatial information.
- Enable project information sharing across teams, locations, and disciplines with precision and security.
- Perform regression analysis, horizontal and vertical alignment, cant design, and turnout placement to international standards.
- Improve asset quality and reduce rework with a fully localised application.
- Share realistic visualisations with the public and stakeholders to gather feedback, improve public engagements, and speed project approvals.
Utilising a model that has captured real-world conditions will help you to better understand the site throughout planning, design, construction, and operation of your infrastructure asset.
Do you need to rapidly model design intent, make dynamic edits, and ensure design standards are met, while collaborating with different disciplines to produce the required project deliverables? Then you’re ready for OpenRail Designer.
Learn more by downloading this eBook which also includes links to more than 10 videos that illustrate to you how the software will address your critical business issues, such as collaborating across disciplines, ensuring engineered design intent, and improving the deliverables for each project.