Case study: Data drives maintenance for SNCF RÉSEAU
The French National Railway Corporation — the Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer Français, or SNCF RÉSEAU — is a state-owned company that operates France’s world class railway system…
SNCF Réseau oversees the management and maintenance of 30,000 kilometers of railway line with 15,000 trains running daily. With ridership increasing 50% in the last 10 years, SNCF Réseau faces daunting logistical challenges that have made it critical to optimise maintenance of railway lines and equipment.
In 2014, SNCF began a partnership with OSIsoft. At the 2017 OSIsoft Users Conference in London, SNCF Réseau Chief Data Officer, Stéphane de Paris, spoke about the role of the PI System™ in giving workers more digital tools in the field, enabling machine learning, and ultimately, allowing operators and maintenance personnel to catch equipment failure before it occurs.
The rest of this case study is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Could data be the rail sector’s most valuable asset?
- The PI System for Railways
- Case study: Data drives maintenance for SNCF RÉSEAU
- Whitepaper: A real-time asset monitoring system for rolling stock, track and electrification infrastructure
- Whitepaper: Condition-based maintenance reduces maintenance costs and increases availability in transportation assets