3D printing from Stratasys helps Siemens Mobility meet depot demands
Renowned as Siemens Mobility’s flagship site, the RRX Rail Service Centre expects 100 trains to enter and leave the depot every month. To help achieve this, 3D printing equipment has been utilised.
This level of throughput puts pressure on the supply chain and requires robust manufacturing solutions to fulfil the wide-ranging needs of customers, quickly and cost-effectively. To ensure the depot’s high demands can be met, the company harnessed its longstanding experience with additive manufacturing and invested in additional 3D printing equipment.
The team has already witnessed tangible benefits with the ability to 3D print replacement parts on-demand – increasing its flexibility to meet customer requirements.
“This is where DFM additive manufacturing fits in perfectly, providing us with the capability to rapidly and cost-effectively produce one-off, customized production parts.”
Related content from this organisation
- Siemens Mobility relies on additive manufacturing by Stratasys
- 3D printing from Stratasys helps Siemens Mobility meet depot demands
- Stratasys additive manufacturing ensures high availability of vehicles
- 3D printing from Stratasys helps Siemens Mobility meet demands
- The potential of 3D printing for the rail industry to be on display at Railtex