Signalling & Telecommunications In-Depth Focus 2017
Advances to rail signalling and train control systems will make international rail transport more competitive and attractive. But implementing strategies and understanding new digital solutions must be addressed before improvements can be realised…
- The capacity analysis for the Comprehensive Rail Network in the Western Balkans showed that approximately 900km of lines require upgrading. Nedim Begovic, Transport Planning Manager at SEETO and Svetlana Vukanovic, Transport Specialist at the World Bank, explore how ERTMS may be a solution for enhancing capacity.
- Efim Rozenberg, First Deputy Director General for JSC NIIAS, looks at recent digital solutions employed by Russian Railways for train management and driverless shunting operations, considering the safety and security issues posed by such digital technologies.
- Rail Freight Corridor 6 (RFC6) aims to make international rail freight transport more competitive and attractive. RFC6’s Stefano Marcoccio (ERTMS Team Leader) and Andrea Galluzzi (Managing Director), cover details of the ERTMS/ETCS strategy along this important corridor.
This Signalling & Telecommunications in-depth focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!
Automatic Train Operation/Autonomous Train Control (ATO/ATC), Communications Based Train Control (CBTC), European Rail Traffic Management System (ERTMS), Infrastructure Developments, Signalling, Control & Communications