Track Maintenance In-Depth Focus 2017
Railway systems around the world rely on innovative and cost-efficient track maintenance techniques to ensure high levels of operational performance. Although machinery, requirements and regulations have evolved, the end goal has always been to ensure safe and reliable rail infrastructure…
- Iñigo Méndez, Project Officer at the European Union Agency for Railways, takes a look at the history and present situation regarding track maintenance requirements within EU law.
- Reini Schwarzenberger, Chief Operating Officer of Linmag Australia Pty Ltd, explains the unusual requirements for rail milling in Australia and how Linmag’s machines are helping to achieve results.
- Claudia Peinsipp and Bernhard Metzger explore the importance of track inspection activities and how Plasser & Theurer vehicles can provide assistance.
This Track Maintenance In-Depth Focus is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!