Case Study: Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) enhances operations and efficiency with advanced communications network
Posted: 27 June 2016 | | No comments yet
Case study covering the renewal of Swiss Federal Railways, Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB), entire data network with the Nokia solution to support an advanced, future-proof platform for mission-critical operations, passenger services and business traffic.
Swiss Federal Railways, Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB), is the largest transportation operator, moving both passengers and freight throughout the country. SBB is renewing its entire data network with the Nokia solution to support an advanced, future-proof platform for mission-critical operations, passenger services and business traffic.
- SBB’s challenges when shifting its mission-critical applications, along with passenger and business operations, to a networking infrastructure based on advanced communication technologies such as WDM and IP/MPLS
- How SBB’s new solution matches the reliability of the existing mission-critical SDH network like CCTV
- How SBB reaches flexibility in the deployment of new services such as passenger connectivity, as well as advanced applications for projecting and reacting to ongoing increases in ridership and freight traffic
This case study is available to download free-of-charge. Simply complete the form below and we will email you a link instantly:
This case study is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!