Product Showcase: Moving with battery power – Bombardier
Creating reliable, safe, and sustainable transport that is available to everyone in a world of urban growth and digital change is one of the main challenges of our time. Working with our customers, we at Bombardier create holistic, high-quality mobility solutions that anticipate the needs of tomorrow and maximise value for customers and passengers today.
Combining technology and performance with empathy, we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment.
ONE OF BOMBARDIER’S latest innovative solutions is the BOMBARDIER TALENT 3 battery electric multiple unit (BEMU). Able to operate on non-electrified track sections, it presents a green and cost-effective alternative to diesel trains.
During travel under overhead lines, it functions as any electric multiple unit. To allow the train to travel across nonelectrified tracks, a BOMBARDIER MITRAC traction battery system is installed on the roof of the BEMU. As soon as an overhead line is available, the pantograph is extended to charge the batteries in just 7-10 minutes; either while driving or standing at a station.
This product showcase is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Renovation of Eurotunnel’s passenger shuttles is entrusted to Bombardier
- Akiem and Bombardier launch the TRAXX DC3 locomotive in Poland
- Operation of Bombardier’s TRAXX DC3 locomotive is authorised in Italy
- European Commission prohibits combination of Siemens and Alstom
- ‘Guaranteed French Origin’ status for Francilien and OMNEO/Regio 2N trains