Product Showcase: Moving with battery power – Bombardier
Posted: 19 December 2018 | | No comments yet
Creating reliable, safe, and sustainable transport that is available to everyone in a world of urban growth and digital change is one of the main challenges of our time. Working with our customers, we at Bombardier create holistic, high-quality mobility solutions that anticipate the needs of tomorrow and maximise value for customers and passengers today.
Combining technology and performance with empathy, we continuously break new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment.
ONE OF BOMBARDIER’S latest innovative solutions is the BOMBARDIER TALENT 3 battery electric multiple unit (BEMU). Able to operate on non-electrified track sections, it presents a green and cost-effective alternative to diesel trains.
During travel under overhead lines, it functions as any electric multiple unit. To allow the train to travel across nonelectrified tracks, a BOMBARDIER MITRAC traction battery system is installed on the roof of the BEMU. As soon as an overhead line is available, the pantograph is extended to charge the batteries in just 7-10 minutes; either while driving or standing at a station.
This product showcase is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Mexico’s Tren Maya inter-city railway project to be supplied by Alstom-Bombardier consortium
- Alpha Trains to upgrade 77 locomotives to ETCS BL 3 Release 2
- GTS Rail orders three additional BOMBARDIER TRAXX locomotives
- CHINA RAILWAY awards maintenance contract to Bombardier JV for high-speed train cars
- Bombardier’s Gautrain commuter fleet completes 40 million kilometres in service