Level Crossing Safety supplement
In our latest free-to-view Level Crossing Safety Supplement, we invite experts from Bulgaria, Portugal and Ireland to showcase how their country is actively working to reduce the number of fatalities at level crossings…
- Bulgaria works hard to reduce level crossing fatalities
Biser Minchev, Chief Safety Inspector for the NRIC reveals how the company is implementing strategies and technologies to reduce the number of fatalities that occur at level crossings in Bulgaria.
- Achieving impressive safety records in Portugal
Paulo Soares de Melo, Head of the Level Crossings Department at REFER, explains the work the Portuguese railway infrastructure manager
is doing to reduce the number of crossings on its network and reduce the number of fatalities.
- Passive level crossings on public and private roads – managing a historic anomaly
Railway level crossings in Ireland are managed by Iarnród Éireann – Irish Rail, the national railway infrastructure manager, and supervised by the Railway Safety Commission, the national safety and regulatory authority. Both organisations work closely with one another to advance railway safety, which they recognise as a common goal. Donal Casey, Principal Inspector in the Railway Safety Commission provides further details.
This Level Crossing Safety supplement is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!