Solution Paper: Winning the rail franchise bid
Posted: 5 September 2016 | | No comments yet
This solution paper shows you how to put your rail franchise bid at the frontline with: a resilient timetable, optimal rolling stock, crew planning and complex unit & crew diagramming that can be created and revised quickly in real time.
Rail operations are increasingly franchised out to private companies. This shift in operations responsibility promotes efficiency, drives innovation, and minimizes the long-term costs to the government.
The competition among train operating companies (TOCs) to win bids or extend their contracts brings favorable outcomes to both the government and passengers.
As a TOC, a high level of service excellence and punctuality is a given, and efficiency that reduces costs is expected. What will truly set you apart in the bidding competition is the ability to optimize timetables and your most expensive resources – rolling stock and crew.
Smart and cost-effective technology ensures success not only at the bidding stage, but in execution as well. This solution paper shows you how you can put your bid at the frontline with:
- A resilient timetable that fulfills the services demand with the least amount of resources
- Optimal rolling stock that uses your resources effectively
- Crew planning that takes into account various constraints
- Complex unit & crew diagramming that can be created and revised quickly in real time
This solution paper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full, you will need to log in. It is completely free to subscribe and, in less than a minute, you can continue reading. If you have already subscribed, just log in.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- Bi-monthly issues in print and/or digital format
- Case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- Breaking news and features
- Our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Brochure: Achieving efficient planning in rail infrastructure management
- Whitepaper: From feasible to profitable planning – Learn how the world’s leading rail infrastructure contractors are turning planning into a profit engine
- Brochure: Dynamic timetabling for rail infrastructure owners
- Brochure: Public transport planning & optimisation
- Briefing: Taming passenger rail disruptions