FirstGroup transforms digital presence of its train operating companies
FirstGroup has embraced the benefits of technology that can be used across multi-brands by investing in a CMS platform and website architecture that has been replicated across many of its UK train operating companies.
ORM built a new marketing website on Sitecore, a leading CMS platform. This created a flexible and scalable framework that shares a common code base and components, allowing for individual train operating company websites to be unique and tailored towards their specific audiences.
By implementing the same framework across multiple brands in FirstGroup, the train operating companies have made savings of over 40 per cent, versus a new build that starts from scratch. This has not only resulted in costs savings for the group, but also demonstrates efficiencies, and gives them a 50 per cent increase in speed to market.
Related content from this organisation
- How hackathons can bring your business ideas to reality
- What lessons can train operating companies can learn from Uber?
- Digital strategies help TOCs provide better customer experience and service
- FirstGroup transforms digital presence of its train operating companies
- Transport for Wales: A new digital destination website